The Junior program is based on the Victorian Curriculum. The curriculum covers the core areas of:
- Information and Communication Technology
- Personal Development
- Interpersonal Development
- The Arts
- Health and Physical Education
Each week our Prep students particpate in a play program with their peers at Mt Evelyn Primary School.
As well as, personal hygiene, shopping, cooking, gardening and enhancement of recreation and leisure skills such as art, music, bike riding, swimming, camping, are part of the program. We provide:
- The development of Individual Education Plans for each student based on discussions with parents/carers, teachers, education support staff and other professionals at Student Support Group (SSG) meetings which are held at least twice per year or as required.
- Twice yearly student reports
- Regular assessment and review of children’s progress to ensure best outcomes
- Specialist art, physical education, gardening, swimming and multi-media sessions
- Daily liaison between parent/carers and staff
- Programs operate from 9 am to 3 pm, Monday to Friday
We have a supported Satellite classroom at Healesville Primary School for students with either a mild or moderate cognitive disability